Dates, Times, Location
Sunday October 28, 2018
First games will start at 9:00 am
Last games will end at 5:00 pm
DE Turf Athletic Complex
4000 Bay Road, Frederica, DE 19946
Visit Maps & Directions for layout of fields and parking. Know you game fields in advance
$825. Covers officials, trainers, and field costs
All payments are one-time payments
We accept checks or credit cards
U9 (2027/2028) A, B
2026, A, B
2025, A, B
2024, A, B
2023, A, B
2022, A, B
We will not provide exceptions from the grade divisions. Players can play up but cannot play down.
2018 Game Rules
2024, 2023, 2022: NCAA Rules and Regulations
- On flag down situation play continues until usual stoppage or defense gains possession. Ball can come out of the restraining box and play continues. If ball is loose and fouling team commits a technical foul, it is a time serving foul.
- Faceoff; 3 illegal procedures a half by a team results in a 30 second penalty.
- All counts in effect. No horns except post flag down.
- Back Court rules in effect. After offensive team touches ball in offensive zone, ball cannot cross midline.
- Sticks heads must either meet NCAA or Federation standards.
2025 and 2026
- Same rules as above with below exceptions:
- 37” is shortest stick permitted.
- Same rules as above with below exceptions:
- No hitting hard enough to knock players to ground. Body contact is allowed.
- Longest pole is 60” in length. No more than 4 sticks between 44”-60.”
- Mercy rule, if a team is winning by 5 goals or more, the losing team will be awarded the ball after all goals at faceoff x.
- Horns on sidelines and after flag down situations.
APPLICABLE TO ALL GAMES
- All Games: 2-25 minute running halves. 2 minute halftime.
- Time (penalty, game, half) will be kept by officials.
- Clock is stop-start last 2 minutes of game.
- Penalty time is stop-start.
- Overtime: Non-playoff, 1 4 minute sudden victory period. Playoffs 1 untimed period until a goal is scored
Rules Governing Team/Player Eligibility
Only currently registered players on hoganlax.com, for the specific tournament and who agree to the “Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT,” may participate in tournament games. It is the coach’s responsibility to ensure all of his team members are registered. This can be confirmed on the Player Page for each tournament. Hoganlax.com will notify a coach if a player did not agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT.
Players may play “up” in age/grade groups, but may NOT play “down.”
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to compete in any playoff games.
No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament. Any team with a player in violation of this rule will forfeit all games in which the player is known to have competed and therefore, forfeit the opportunity to advance to the playoff round.
Tie breaker information is available under Game Rules.
Any player, fan or coach ejected from the game will be prohibited from competing in his/her team’s next game.
Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. Any fighting or flagrant disrespect toward an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No Exceptions, No Refunds.
Spectators also need to respect the Officials and the Players. Bad behavior will not be tolerated. Should referees or tournament director deem a spectator, player, or coach needs to be removed from the site(s) of the tournament, it will be the responsibility of the coach from the offender’s team to remove the offender from the site(s).
Each field is assigned a Field Timer; the Field Timer will record the score on a scorecard for each game. At the end of each game one referee who officiated the game will sign the scorecard to confirm final score and expulsions. Coaches should check the scorecard on the field if they wish to validate or challenge a score. Any challenges must be made immediately following the game with the Officials and Field Timer, who will contact a tournament administrator to address the issue. Once the scorecard reaches the administration tent the score is considered final.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a “festival” format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather and fields are playable.
The directors of saltwaterlax.com, reserve the right to cancel, shorten, or reschedule tournament games due to inclement weather, poor field conditions, or player and fan safety concerns. No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary. Field directors will communicate game changes. Schedule changes will be available at the Administration Tent.
If thunder or lightning is observed play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be asked to leave the fields to return to cars. Play will be allowed to resume 20 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning is observed which the tournament medical staff will determine. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. Subsequent games will begin immediately after preceding games. These games may consist of one 30 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Once games are back on schedule they will revert to “normal” tournament game time procedures.